Friday, January 9, 2015
Tuesday, January 6, 2015
- They average 141.3 points
- They average 19 3-pointers on 50 attempts
- Eight of the current 10 players on the roster average double figures
- They reached a season high in points during Saturday night's 174-169 victory over the Los Angeles D-Fenders, a game in which the D-Fenders scored a D-League record 98 points in the first half
- They gave up a D-League record 175 points to Los Angeles on Dec. 20, a game in which the D-Fenders scored 56 points in the first quarter, also a record
Friday, January 2, 2015
I've spoken of my affection for the way this group plays, since coach Mike Curta has a buy-in from them that would be the envy of any team.
So far, the Cardinals are 9-3, their best start during Curta's seven-year tenure, and are putting up amazing numbers for a high school team. Remember, their games are only 32 minutes, not the 40 minutes of colleges.
- Averaging 90.5 points on 87 shots per game
- Forcing 30 turnovers per game
- Averaging about 49 3-point attempts
- Getting to the free throw line about 10 more per game than its opponent
As stated in the previous posts, our success is the combination of our talent and The System. My son has developed into a really solid player and more importantly, he runs the team. I wish that I could take the credit for the success we have had, but it is really on him right now. He is our best player, one of the best in the area through the first six weeks of the season, and he has the complete respect of his teammates. He sets the tone in practices and games. We have shot the ball particularly well to this point, either from the field or the free throw line. However, our kids have the mentality to play through the entire 32-minute process. We don't get too high early when things are going well, and we don't get too low when things go poorly, either. It has been great to watch the kids develop the confidence to play this way for a full 32 minutes every game.Well said, coach. Eisenhower takes the court again Tuesday, hosting Hinsdale South.